RHEL8: nothing provides libdbi needed by check-mk-enterprise

Hi,
i am trying to install checkmk 1.6.0p21 on RHEL8. As documented here: Details zur Installation auf Red Hat und CentOS instead of the EPEL repo, we have attached the codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms repo. However, we get a single error message: nothing provides libdbi needed by check-mk-enterprise-1.6.0p21-el7-38.x86_64

Has anyone ever installed checkmk with this repo? Or can help in any other way?

VG
Christian

Hi @CFriedrich

To be honest, no. I’ve only tried on CentOS 8 with EPEL, and that works fine. I wasn’t aware of the existence of the repository you mention, I always use EPEL, even if it’s RHEL

Without wanting to sound rude: The documentation explicitly mentions EPEL, so… why should it work when not using EPEL? :slight_smile:

Thomas

2 Likes

Maybe I misunderstood the documentation.

Should the repo “codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms” be an alternative to the EPEL repo for RHEL8 or do I need probably both?

Hi @CFriedrich

As I understand the documentation for RHEL 8.x, you need both.

For CentOS 8.x one is supposed to use the additional “PowerTools” repository. Must say, I hadn’t noticed this because on my CentOS 8.x host I installed the latest CRE, I had already enabled this for a different test I did, so … you know what? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thomas

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.