Perfdata from PING checks (rather than "host perfdata")

I’ve dual-stacked hosts with ipv4 and ipv6 PING checks enabled, which are working fine. However I can’t seem to access the perfdata for them (i.e. it’s not being sent to the pnp4nagios spool).

I can access the “host perfdata”, which I’m assuming is actually the ipv4 ping perfdata (can anyone confirm that for certain?).

However when I look at each check in the services view, there’s no link to pnp4nagios (and pnp4nagios doesn’t list the PING checks in it’s UI either).

My goal is to compare v4 and v6 network performance. How can I get each PING checks to log their perfdata like most other checks do, and it appear in pnp4nagios?

Thanks.

I have faced the same problem and am also looking for a viable solution.

The only thing that works, which I have just now looked up, is to create extra checks via Check hosts with PING (ICMP Echo Request) rule. They have performance data.

If your are using Smart Pings it’s not possible to generate performance data for because the only thing important for checkmk is if the host response within a time range to determine it as up.
If you like to see performance data for PING you need to create the rule mentioned by @simon-mueller.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.