[Results are in!- Survey] Micro Survey #10: "You have 1 new message" - all about Notifications

Greetings everyone,

The 31st of October not only means that it is Halloween or that it is 363 days since my first day at Checkmk, it also means that it is time for another Micro Survey!
This is already the 10th Micro Survey, and we have prepared a very sweet (or even scary?!) topic: Notifications!
Your input is vital to help us understand how you stay informed about what is happening in your IT environment. We are looking forward to your insights!

:arrow_right: ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶v̶e̶y̶ :arrow_left:

After nine Micro Surveys, it is also time to evaluate them. We are very pleased with your participation and your insights into the topics. Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:
Unfortunately, as I am very busy at the moment recruiting a second UX designer (maybe you know someone…?) and working on 2.3, I do not have enough time to do proper Micro Surveys every month. That’s why we’re going to change the rhythm to every two months for the time being. This doesn’t mean that we don’t value your input! Quite the opposite: I want to make sure that your feedback has an impact and does not disappear into the metaphorical drawer. To do this, I need a little more time to analyze each Micro Survey.

Thank you again for making my first year at Checkmk so amazing, and I look forward to many more years, feedback, and insights!

And with that …

:jack_o_lantern: Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

Cheers,
Tanja

6 Likes

----- Survey has been closed -----

The 10th Micro Survey is now closed. We appreciate everyone who took the time to share their thoughts and insights on the use of Checkmk. Thank you for your valuable input and stay tuned for updates on our progress!

Hello community,

the analysis of Micro survey #10 is done!
The purpose of this survey was to gain a better understanding of your current use of notifications in Checkmk. For that, we asked you 9 questions all revolving around notifications.

These are the results:

• Most respondents (86%) use Checkmk notifications. Of the 14% who don’t use them, the main reason is that it’s not necessary (33%).
  • The majority (85%) receive notifications all the time, not just during specific time periods.
  • The most used notification method is email (80%). There don’t seem to be many custom notification scripts being set up, as only 3% selected “other”.

Our next steps with this topic:

• Further research focusing on time periods, custom notification scripts, and configuration of notifications
  • Rework/refurbish the notification template for emails.

Cheers,
Tanja