SQL server intermittently bringing back data

2.1.0p12
RedHat Enterprise 7.9

I have registered the agent for a SQL server (not coming back with any errors) and tried changing the timeout (microcore) to 2.5 minutes but still getting issues:

If the agent plugin mssql.vbs takes too long it should be executed asynchronously in the background with a larger interval than once per minute. This is described here:

Thanks I will test this today.

Also on this server when we re-scan there should be 900 services it brings back but it’s only finding 63 services and 53 disabled ones. Any idea what might be causing that?

This is what I’ve configured:

A similar SQL server is showing 800 services but this one isn’t bringing anywhere near this amount. When I go into test connection the agent one is just spinning

Your configuration only applies to mk_inventory.vbs. You will need to add a pattern section for mssql.vbs.

Use check_mk_agent.exe showconfig to see the current configuration.

Will this resolve the issue with the 800 missing services? Or is that separate?

This is what I see in the config:

How would that pattern section look exactly? I’ve added this to the check_my.user.yml file:

I still don’t see this listed under the config though so something isn’t right?

Do you need to specify the absolute path in the patter?

Such as ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\checkmk\service\plugins\mssql.vbs’

instead of what it currently is:

‘$CUSTOM_PLUGINS_PATH$\mssql.vbs’

I don’t think it has applied correctly because still getting that error:

[agent] MKTimeout(‘Fetcher for host “” timed out after 270 seconds’)

Currently configured like this FYI:

- pattern     : '$CUSTOM_PLUGINS_PATH$\mssql.vbs'
  run         : yes                 # execute this plugin if plugin found
  async       : yes                 # agent will not wait for async plugins. Normally you will get data later.
  timeout     : 120                 # after 30 seconds process will be killed. 60 sec is default in check_mk.yml
  cache_age   : 300               # only combined with async, upto 3600 seconds we may reuse plugin output
      retry_count : 2                   # failure on start plugin, before stopping, default 0 which means never stop attempts

I’ve also edited both the ‘check_mk_user.yml’ file in the location ‘C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent’ and ‘check_mk.yml’ in the location ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\checkmk\service’ with the same pattern.

But it isn’t showing this in the showconfig.

Please advise?

I uninstalled, re-installed the agent, registered successfully and bulk discovery of this SQL server.

It is still not showing the 800 services that another similar SQL server is.

When I run a connection test now for the agent i’m getting the following:

I re-installed agent 1.6 and the connection test is successful with this.

Why would there be an issue with the agent 2.1.0p12 when that’s working on other SQL servers fine?

What happens when you run check_mk_agent.exe test?

The plugin mssql.vbs has to be placed in the directory C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\plugins to be executed by the agent.

I updated again from 1.6 but instead of uninstalling 1.6 I ran 2.1 over that. I also registered as per documentation, transfered the mssql.vbs into the directory and the sever now appears, to be OK returning all services.

Having similar issues with another SQL server now, i’ve re-installed 2.1 over 1.6, moved mssql.vbs into the programdata folder, i’ve set the async settings as above, ran a discovery and re-scan on the node and registered. This is how the config looks:

The test is showing no errors:

Still getting error: [agent] Empty output from host 10.112.126 and Fetcher errors.