TCP Port via Variable --> The text $_HOSTSSSLPORT$ is not a valid integer number

Hello,

we have different SSL ports on the systems and would still like to solve the SSL certificate monitoring via a rule.

For this purpose, we have maintained the custom attribute “SSLPORT” in the host, but when we try to specify it in the TCP port (using $_HOSTSSSLPORT$), we get the following message: The text $_HOSTSSSLPORT$ is not a valid integer number.

However, I can use variables in the host name / IP address without any problems (e.g. $HOSTALIAS$).

This means that the check for “number” would have to be removed from the field “TCP port” (at least if a variable is specified).
However, this also means that you can/must define not only “text” but also “numbers” for custom variables.

Regards

I think there is one S too much.

The WATO input field is an Interger() and only supports integer input. I am afraid you cannot do much here with this WATO input validation in place.

@r.sander

Sorry for typo, same error with “$_HOSTSSLPORT$”.
The “integer check” is the problem here

bump

keine Infos dazu? Oder @Checkmk_tribe ?

Partial workaround - use a Classical active and passive Monitoring checks rule to call the check_tcp plugin directly (Check MK uses this under the hood anyway):

The only issue is that variables are not interpolated under Service description, and this has to be unique per-host. You could always create a host for each certificate if this is a problem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.