TLS is not activated on monitored host

Hello everyone,

I upgraded my CheckMK appliance firmware to 1.5.1 today and the site to 2.1.0. I am using Agent Updater with a certificate. Since the latest update, all Windows servers (2022 and 2016) are reporting the following error to me

Version: 2.1.0, OS: windows, TLS is not activated on monitored host (see details)WARN

and the Linux servers

Version: 2.1.0, OS: linux, TLS is not activated on monitored host (see details)WARN

I’ve already tried to activate the TLS on the windows servers via the registry, but that didn’t help. Does anyone have an idea what I have to do?

Thanks and bye,

Sascha

The checkmk agent now uses TLS to talk to the monitoring server. For more details read Monitoring Windows - The new agent for Windows in detail

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you so much. Now I know what to do.

EDIT: I think possibly no one will read a post that is marked as “SOLVED”, so I will create a new post
EDIT 2: here is my new post TLS is not activated on monitored host - Manual registration for all monitored hosts necessary?

Hello,

sorry to reopen this.

Just to be clear: am I right thinking that

• I now have to login to every monitored machine and register the local agent with a checkmk instance?
  • What is the best practice for a distiributed monitoring environment?
    • Is it possible to register an agent with several checkmk instances (in case I change the server which the host is monitored by) ?

kind regards,

sebastian

CheckMK runs behind NAT firewall and can not be reached by monitored host. How to register TLS? Im my case TLS is not needed, as internet is not involved. Can I instead ignore the warning without disable “Check_MK Agent” completely?

You can use registration as proxy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.