Using REST API to move a host to a different folder results in Permission denied

CMK version: Checkmk Cloud Edition 2.2.0p9 (trial, will downgrade to Enterprise)
OS version: Checkmk appliance 1.6.6

Error message: {“title”: “Permission denied”, “status”: 403, “detail”: “The user doesn’t belong to the required contact groups of the following objects to perform this action: Folder(‘xxx’, ‘xxx’), Folder(‘xxx/office/xxx_-xxx’, ‘xxx - xxx’), Host('xxx-_xxx’)”}

(censored for privacy)

I am using the automation account (also tried with an account specifically for this purpose) which has the administrator role and is a member of the default Everything contact group. I also used host monitoring rules>assignment of hosts to contact group to ensure the host is in the contact group.

I have reviewed this post, but I believe I’ve ruled out the contact group issue: Moving a host using REST API - Troubleshooting - Checkmk Community

There is another post where some more investigations were done:

https://forum.checkmk.com/t/change-folder-of-a-host-via-api/42075

• Glowsome

Seems promising, thanks. Not sure why my Google or forums search didn’t find that thread.

I have some concerns aswell as to posts i reply to dont seem to get upated/re-ranked as to latest replies.
Had to re-find threads by searching on my own posts.

Did something break recently… ?

Maybe @Sara can investigate this behaviour?

• Glowsome