Want to delayed critical (not notification)

Hi

I have a lot of test environments with a high restart rate.
How can I make the selected service light up critical after 60 minutes of “failure”.
I only found the rules for delaying the notification.

in other words, I would like “critical” to appear, but only when the service is down for more than 60 minutes.

There are so many changes that the downtime setting misses the point, and I want to monitor the test environments in case some service does not work half a day, then I know that I have to check it.

i have cee 2.0.0p4

1 Like

Checkmk will always show the current status of the service check. You can only delay the notification.

You can use the ruleset for “Maximum number of check attempts” to delay the notification. This will put the service check into a “SOFT” state before reaching the configured number of check attempts, then it is in a “HARD” state. The views in the web gui can filter on this state, resulting in not showing the problems until the number of check attempts are reached. To achieve this you need to edit every view that displays services.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m guessing that the current state must be shown and I can only influence when the soft changes to hard and the modification of the dashbard view.

Your words confirmed my guesses

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.