GENERIC agent missing from baked agent list

CMK version: CEE 2.1.0p19
OS version: Ubuntu 20.04

Hello Everyone,

we are currently trying to figure out why our agent bakery is not creating the GENERIC agent. I can see the “Vanilla” one. I checked related issues in the forum but could not quite find an answer that fits our case.
These are the topics I checked:

What I gathered is that rules without any parameters that are present in the Main folder get added to the Generic agent. We have many rules located inside the Main folder.
Could a misplaced/misconfigured rule stop the Bakery from creating the Generic agent?

Thankful for all insights :pray:

nir

Hi,
maybe the setting - Bake agent packages - Do not bake a generic agent package for this folder.** (Default value) is set on the main directory and is inherited down the folders ?

This is the only setting I can find on the Main folder. So it’s explicitly told to bake the generic agent. I’m pretty sure this setting is set as default, we did not change this by hand.

2023-03-15_15:47:02_Screenshot

And this is also set and inherited on the subfolders where the hosts reside, where you want the agent to be created ?

All subfolder settings regarding the baking rule look like this (default)
2023-03-15_16:01:51_Screenshot

I’m not 100% sure how to interpret this.

The main reason we were looking for the generic agent is to have a default one to install on new systems, that then pulls the right version via cmk-update-agent, the Vanilla agent obviously does not have the agent updater plugin available.

So its actively disabled on that folder.

You don´t need to use a generic package, every package with the correct agent updater configuration will work, as the agent updater will automatically update itself after the first installation when the installed agent hash does not match the one from the bakery for that particular host.

If any package that has the updater configured will work, that’ll do for our case!
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.