UI inconsistencies and suggestions for improvements

Hello,
a little more general, but sometimes it’s hard to infer from the name of a plugin to its associated rules. E.g. with the plugin mk_jolokia the rules were called JVM. If you just type jolokia in the rule search, not one of the associated rules comes up. So in general it would be desirable if the names of plugins and rules were similar.

3 Likes

the “export for api” site in the ruleset editor is not readable in the light theme

1 Like

We are planning to rework this page to a more standard UI. This should solve this topic.
Thanks for reporting

I have created a ticket for this

As this thread is getting longer now and getting difficult to keep track of, please refer to this topic for new suggestions.

In 2.1, we have switched from entering percent values to entering 3 values from 0 to 255 like in many other tools

1 Like

Hi thl-cmk,
We have done some extensive usability tests before releasing 2.0. As a result of these tests, we have selected the right side as default.
Since this can be easily changed with a setting to meet your preferred configuration, which is also a one time task, can I please ask you to do this change once for each system you are using.
Thanks, Thomas

I have created a feature request to select the default dashboard from a pulldown list, which should make the selection more user friendly

Hi dmayer,
this is a known inconsistency. We use two different technical component for tables in monitoring vs. setup. The limitations include sorting of lists, exporting and some other functionality.
It is on a list for a fix long term, but nothing, which can be done quickly

This suggestion has been passed on to development for implementation

1 Like

This feature has been added to the UX improvement backlog

Hi ttrafelet,
just to clarify this. You want the “time range” setting to be moved to “change computation options”. That is all.
Thomas

1 Like

Hi r.sander,
if I understand you correctly, you would like to combine the two setting dialogs into one. Each of them is currently already a rather long one
Thomas

I have created an internal feature request for this.

1 Like

This is hard to decide. Some customers might like the dense presentation of details. I will at a later do a survey about this together with some other questions

I will have the dev team look into this. At least the button at the bottom should be better visible

1 Like

Thank you. Redoing the tables and have a consistent behaviour across the product is on our list.

Hi gstolz,
your first topic is already listed to get fixed. The second one goes beyond the UI inconsistencies scope and needs to be requested as a feature request
Thomas

We will check how to make more data visible